Find a Study Buddy for South African Home Schooling
Should you obtain permission to communicate with fellow home-schoolers in your grade, we will provide you with their contact details, should they agree.
This way, you can make study buddies online in a safe a secure environment.
Complete the form below to find a study buddy.
Some good reasons to have a Study Buddy:
- A great way to increase your chances of succeeding on an online course is to find a suitable Study Buddy. This is a list of reasons why having a study partner can benefit you.
- 1. Two Heads are better than one Having a Study Buddy can make learning easier and more fun. You will be studying the same course and doing the same quizzes and assignments, so pooling your knowledge, resources and skills will only increase your success rate.
- 2. Learn new study methods There are many different methods for studying effectively, but it is not always easy to find the most effective method that works for you. Having a study buddy can introduce you to new ways of learning that you had not thought about and may be more suited to your style of learning.
- 3. Teach each other You study buddy may be able to teach you concepts that you do not understand as well as new research skills and methods. Also, explaining concepts to someone else is a great learning method as it allows you to consolidate what you have learnt. Sharing your strengths and complementing each other’s weaknesses will improve the overall outcome for both of you.
- 4. Motivate each other Staying motivated is one of the big challenges when studying online courses. Having a study buddy means you can motivate each other and make the whole experience a lot more fun. You can agree on mutual goals and come up with a reward scheme when you both reach each goal.
- 5. Share resources As you are studying the same course, you will be able to share the resources you come across such as useful websites, articles, books etc. This means you may have access to resources you did not know about and you can also recommend ones you find helpful.